-
June 13th, 2005, 07:59 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I collect for Kit, Josefina and Samantha. But there are some accessories that come out that I just can't pass by, no matter who they are for. Felicity's Shrewsbury Cakes Set was one of them because I love to bake. Molly's travel accessories with her cool camera and her camping equipment with the WAY cute mess kit are other sets I just couldn't let go. Even if they don't fit in with Kit, Josefina, Samantha or Nellie, those sets are just too great to miss.
Have any of you made acceptions to your collections? Was there an outfit or accessory you just had to have? If you only collect historical items, is there an item of today that you'll just HAVE to get if AG makes it?
Julia
-
June 13th, 2005, 08:30 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
For me, it was the Baking Outfit and accessories. When that went on clearance, I just had to have it because I love to bake, too. The mixer is just so cute! And my DD's love to play with the set, baking cookies under Molly's drop leaf table with the leaves dropped. [img]confused.gif[/img]
Thus began my descent on that slippery slope...
-
June 14th, 2005, 12:15 AM
#3
HB Forum Owner
The one thing for me would be Kaya's Foods. Even though I don't have kaya, her foods are AWESOME!!!! A++++ they are so great for pretending!
-
June 14th, 2005, 01:30 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Kit's typewriter! Diana asked why they moved up and down like that... [img]redface.gif[/img]
Laurie
-
June 14th, 2005, 01:30 AM
#5
Inactive Member
It's really too bad no one had a gramophone, that would've been really neat to have!
-
June 14th, 2005, 02:33 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I haven't made any exceptions yet (I should say willingly, when I was younger I was given some AGT clothes b/c they were brand new dolls, but I can't bear to put them on Molly - even back then).
I have always admired certain pieces of different characters. I love Kirsten's winter outfit and snow shoes and Midsummers outfit, Felicity's Towne Faire outfit and little Noah's Ark (there were a lot of other things she used to have that I loved too), Addy's little patriotic dress, and Josefina's Summer Riding outfit.
Thankfully I got Kit, so I won't be tempted to dress Molly in all her adorable stuff as well.
Sometimes its really hard maintaining my purist AGC beliefs, but those beliefs are strong and I've managed to for over a decade. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
June 14th, 2005, 07:38 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I collect accessories for the historicals only, with a few exceptions. For example, I just had to have the AGOT flute and violin--I love miniature musical instruments.
-
June 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
#8
Inactive Member
We don't have Kit, but coded the typewriter and waffle iron set. Now I want all of Kit's items.
-
June 14th, 2005, 11:57 AM
#9
Inactive Member
The accessories always amaze me...they are so well made & detailed. I had to have Marisol's cell phone but didn't want her cat. It was a hard decision until DS was encouraging me and said he'd adopt the cat.
Michele
-
June 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
#10
AmericanGirlLover2982
Guest
Because Samantha and me look alike when I was younger I could not pass up on matching AGP place shirt matching for me and Samantha and also the matching Coconut outfits. So Samantha and me dress alike once in a while.
Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks